PCalc is ideal for scientists, engineers, students, programmers, or indeed anybody looking for a feature-rich calculator for the iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
It includes an extensive set of unit conversions, a paper tape, an RPN mode, engineering and scientific notation, as well as support for hexadecimal, octal and binary calculations.
It's PCalc at your fingertips!
Based on the popular calculator for the Macintosh, PCalc has been redesigned from the ground up to give the best handheld experience.
- Switchable button layouts - choose from many different horizontal and vertical layouts to suit your needs.
- Calculator themes - pick your look, all the way from minimalist to striking.
- An RPN mode with one button access to the stack and optional two, three, or four-line display.
- Editable unit conversions, functions, and constants which are synced automatically across multiple devices.
- Hexadecimal, octal and binary modes, complete with a variety of bitwise operators.
- A simulated paper tape to keep track of your calculations with a "ticker tape" mode.
- Multiple undo and redo. Just flick the LCD to the right and left to reveal the past and future.
- Stylish, consistent user interface.
- Supports copy and paste.
- Universal build supports both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch in one.
- Support for iOS 6 and Retina display on all devices including the new iPad.
- Support for the iPhone 5 and new iPod touch.
Click on any of the images to see a bigger version. You can see lots more screenshots here.
iPhone / iPod touch
You can buy PCalc on the App Store by clicking here. It costs $9.99 in the US, price varies in other countries. PCalc is a universal app - one purchase will work on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. No need to buy an "HD" version!
PCalc requires iOS 4.3 or later.
In the continuing absence of demos or trial periods in the App Store, the idea behind PCalc Lite is to provide something useful and free that's better than the Apple calculator, but which will also drive interest in the full version. PCalc Lite is a great calculator, but PCalc is even better!
You can now purchase all the extra features from the full version of PCalc from inside PCalc Lite. Buy them individually, or buy everything.
What other people have been saying about PCalc:
|Over a hundred and fifty 5-star customer reviews on the App Store as of September 2009|
|"…best calculator for power users…"|
Rob Griffiths, Macworld, December 2008
|"...think of it as the Lexus or BMW of Mac calculators. PCalc has a large following of dedicated users |
because it’s a calculator that does more than the sum of the parts..."
Alexis Kayhill, Mac360, October 2008
|"...for me, buying PCalc was a no-brainer. And I didn’t even need a calculator to figure that out..."|
Dan Frakes, Macworld, August 2008
|"...I like it very much!"|
Guy Kawasaki, Alltop, August 2008
|"...while I’ve seen a few iPhone apps that are really good, PCalc is the best so far..."|
John Gruber, Daring Fireball, July 2008
|"...transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into the coolest scientific calculator ever...."|
Jason Snell, Macworld, July 2008