PCalc 4 is a brand new version of my veteran calculator application.
It is a fully featured scientific calculator for macOS with support for hexadecimal, octal and binary calculations, as well as an optional RPN mode, parentheses, programmable functions, and an extensive set of unit conversions.
- A powerful menu bar widget - do quick calculations without ever leaving your current app.
- Switchable button layouts - choose from many different horizontal and vertical layouts. Includes all the layouts from the iPhone and iPad, as well as Mac-specific ones.
- A full button layout editor - make your own calculator to best suit your needs, sync it automatically with iPhone and iPad, and share it with others.
- Calculator themes - pick your look, all the way from minimalist to striking.
- An RPN mode with one button access to the stack, and optional multiple-line display.
- Editable user conversions, functions, and constants which are synced automatically across multiple devices.
- Hexadecimal, octal and binary modes, complete with a variety of bitwise operators.
- A simulated paper tape to keep track of your calculations with a "ticker tape" mode under the main display.
- Smart searching of conversions, functions, and constants. Just search for "$ to £" for example.
- Stylish, consistent user interface.
- Support for Retina displays.
- Full AppleScript and Shortcuts support for scripting.
- Multiple undo and redo.
- Modern 64-bit application.
- Handoff of in-progress calculations between PCalc on iOS, macOS, and watchOS.
- Support for the Touch Bar.
- Support for macOS 12 Monterey.
- Support for Macs with Apple Silicon or Intel processors.
Click on any of these screenshots for a larger view.
PCalc 4 requires 10.10 or later, and is fully compatible with macOS 12 Monterey, and Macs with either Apple Silicon or Intel processors.
You can buy a copy from the Mac App Store by clicking the button below:
It costs $9.99 in the US, price varies in other countries. TLA Systems employs me and my wife Saskia full time, so paying for your copies of PCalc really does make a difference to us!
What other people have been saying about PCalc:
|"...PCalc represents the sort of innovative and creative spirit that we value most..."|
John Voorhees, MacStories, December 2021
|"...a solid, stable and feature-rich app, this Mac veteran can still cut it...."|
Craig Grannell, Mac Format, June 2014
|"...whether you’re performing serious scientific calculations, doing high-school physics homework, or just converting everyday measures, PCalc has the features and interface for you..."|
Dan Frakes, Macworld, March 2014
|Nearly seven thousand 5-star customer ratings worldwide on the App Store as of May 2014||"…the best professional-grade iPhone calculator…"|
Dr. Drang, The Sweet Setup, November 2013
|"…what’s perhaps most impressive about PCalc is that TLA Systems has managed to squeeze so much functionality into the program without making it unwieldy; rather, it’s positively fun to use…"|
Dan Frakes, Macworld, May 2010
|"…PCalc is the app for those of us that need pure power when computing on the iPhone…"|
|"…best calculator for power users…"|
Rob Griffiths, Macworld, December 2008
|"...think of it as the Lexus or BMW of Mac calculators. PCalc has a large following of dedicated users |
because it’s a calculator that does more than the sum of the parts..."
Alexis Kayhill, Mac360, October 2008
|"...for me, buying PCalc was a no-brainer. And I didn’t even need a calculator to figure that out..."|
Dan Frakes, Macworld, August 2008
|"...I like it very much!"|
Guy Kawasaki, Alltop, August 2008
|"...while I’ve seen a few iPhone apps that are really good, PCalc is the best so far..."|
John Gruber, Daring Fireball, July 2008
|"...transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into the coolest scientific calculator ever...."|
Jason Snell, Macworld, July 2008